Making your website compliant with the latest guidelines and legislation won’t just put you on the best side of the law, it will also enrich the experience of all your visitors. And it’s not hard to do, if you know how.
What You Will Learn
T-Base's accessibility trainer will convince you of why accessibility is important for everybody and provide in-depth familiarity with federal and international guidelines that will help your web content become a more effective resource for your entire audience. You’ll also gain familiarity with assistive technologies that help people with specific disabilities and difficulties.
Specifically you will learn...
- Why accessibility matters to everyone, not just those with disabilities
- Latest standards and regulations (including W3C WCAG 2.0 AA, Ontario’s AODA legislation, the U.S. government’s Section 508, and the Government of Canada's Standard On Web Accessibility)
- Important differences from WCAG 1.0 to WCAG 2.0 and the cost saving knowledge
- Specific technologies and design techniques used to satisfy accessibility concerns
- Multimedia components, such as descriptive narrative for images and video
- Presentations of accessible online statements, tables, and charts
- Testing frameworks and the importance of web presence audits
- An introduction to how you can incorporate the senses of sight and sound into one single document: accessible large print PDF
At the end of the course, you will:
- Know many techniques you can apply right away to make your website more accessible
- Have a comprehensive understanding of W3C WCAG 2.0 AA and current government accessibility policies and how to meet them
- Have a better understanding of major disabilities and challenges: what they are and what technologies we typically use to mitigate them
Book this Course Today!
Web Accessibility Matters training course is delivered at your place of business. To schedule an on-site presentation for groups of 10 or more colleagues, please contact us at 1-800-563-0668 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.