Working at T-Base
If you would like to join a growing team in a customer-focused, innovative, challenging and fun learning environment, one in which you can hone valuable skills, learn more about rewarding careers at T-Base.
T-Base currently has the following positions available. We invite candidates to apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please add the name of the position you’re applying for in the email subject line.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Position: Guided Transcription Operator
Status: Full Time
Location: Ottawa, ON.
T-Base Communications is the North American leader in design, production and delivery of accessible statements, documents and online services for our customers in the financial, telecom, healthcare government and education markets. T-Base transforms customer communication materials into braille, large print, e-text, audio as well as formats for online delivery such as accessible PDF for web accessibility. Join our growing team in our Ottawa, ON, office.
Guided Transcription Operator
Reporting to the Manager of Guided Transcription and working closely with a team of Transcription Specialists and the Quality Assurance team, this position is responsible for using and testing proprietary software to create documents that are usable by consumers who are blind and low vision in the production of educational materials such as text books and testing materials with a large emphasis on Science Technology Engineering Math (STEM) subject matter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learning a T-Base custom built software which is used to create accessible documents for the blind and low vision consumer in the educational marketplace.
- Working within MS Word to format and proofread documents that have been initially processed and transcribed using the custom built software. This includes: receiving documents in a PDF format, running documents through the proprietary software, following the rules, guidelines and prompts to make decisions regarding the formatting of the documents.
- Providing feedback, both verbal and written to the software development team and subject matter experts on the effectiveness of the platform.
- Producing tactile graphics using graphic software to transform print illustrations, maps, images, diagrams, etc. into readable tactual format for the blind.
- Initially, working with the team to test the software and provide feedback on its accuracy and ease of use. Ultimately will move to become the first generation of user to apply and transcribe documents using the software application.
Education & Requirements:
- A minimum of a 2 year college diploma, or equivalent, is required
- This is an entry level role; some previous experience working in an office or production setting would be an asset
- Must successfully pass criminal background check, credit check
- Experience in writing reports and document structuring is an asset
- Ability to travel across North America is an asset
- Proficient in using Microsoft office tools (Microsoft Word, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat, PDF
- Experience working with graphic software, such as InDesign or Corel Draw
- Knowledge of braille and/or accessible formats would be considered an asset
- Strong proof reading skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and troubleshoot problems and issues.
- Well organized and have logical problem solving skills
- Good relationship and team building skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Desktop publishing skills would be considered an asset
- Ability to manipulate word, learn a user interface to create tactile graphics or document layout formatting
- Ability to learn technical details and provide feedback on user experience for the tools used
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy and ability to learn things quickly
- Ability to remain calm under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish would be an asset
If you are looking to join a growing team where you can work in a customer focused, innovative, challenging, and fun learning environment where you can hone valuable skills, we invite you to apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
T-Base is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions are based are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. T-Base values a diverse workforce and will provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment for meeting bona fide occupational qualifications, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
T-Base welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please let us know. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.